Local farmers and local chefs team up in support of sustainable agriculture
The Council for Healthy Food Systems and Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance announce a special event to support our efforts to provide educational programs to farmers and the consumers who buy their products and to advocate for independent family farmers and ranchers.
On Thursday, Oct. 20, 2022, the first-ever Chefs for Local Farmers dinner takes place on the historic, riverside grounds of UTSA Southwest Campus (formerly the Southwest School of Art).
Distinguished local chefs will be on hand to prepare foods from ingredients grown by Texas’ independent ranchers and farmers.
We know this will be a special evening for anyone who cares about the integrity and quality of their food. You can view the official Chefs for Local Farmers invitation here. Feel free to download it to share or you can share the link: https://farmandranchfreedom.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/chefs-dinner-2022-invitationV9-12.pdf
Keep up with all additions and changes on our Facebook and Instagram pages.
Currently confirmed are:
Here’s the list of currently confirmed chefs:
- Tracy Byrd of The Rooted Fork
- James Canter of Guerrilla Gourmet
- Chris Cook of Special Leaf Tea and Chef Cooperatives
- Jason Garcia of Il Forno
- Fred Gonzalez of Kuriya at Cherrity Bar
- Elizabeth Johnson of Pharm Table
- Teddy Liang of Chef Cooperatives
- Jesse “Kirk” Kuykendall of Ocho at Hotel Havana and Milpa Restaurant
- Anne Ng & Jeremy Mandrell of Bakery Lorraine
- Stephen Paprocki owner of Pharma from the Farm and Texas Black Gold Garlic; president of Chef Cooperatives/SA chapter
- Michael Sohocki of Kimura
- Toby Soto of Humo and Chef Cooperatives
- Ceasar Zepeda of Sangria on the Burg and Alamo Biscuit Company
Each chef will be paired with at least one independent family farmer to create small plates that excel at highlighting each chef’s strengths, each farmer’s passion for sustainably grown food, and look and taste amazing!
These are a few of the Texas farmers, ranchers, and local food artisans providing ingredients:
- Barton Springs Mill
- Behind the Oaks Farm
- Braune Farms
- Broken Arrow Ranch
- Common Market
- Farmhouse Delivery
- Flying Saucer Mushrooms
- Force of Nature Meats
- Green Bexar Farm
- Groomer Seafood
- Holdman Honey
- Homestead Gristmill
- Mesquite Field Farm
- Peeler Farms
- Pure Pastures
- River Whey Creamery
- Salvation Salumi
- Southwest Farms
- Talking Tree Farm
- Zanzenberg Farm
Beverages will be provided by these local makers:
- Catspring Yaupon Tea
- Infamous Brewing Company
- Texas Keeper Cider
- Violet Crown Spirits
- William Chris Vineyards | Lost Draw Cellars
Tickets are available at a number of levels and are all-inclusive. Be sure to bookmark this page to watch our chefs’ list grow and to discover which farmers’ ingredients each chef will be utilizing.
Interesting in underwriting part of this event? Please contact Lindsay Gonzales, Development Director for FARFA and CHFS.