A substantial part of the Council’s mission is to provide education to consumers and to farmers that will nurture the growth of local food systems. We seek to provide the tools that farmers and other local food producers need to ensure business viability, to manage risks, and to respond to changing markets. We also disseminate information to consumers to help them make healthy food choices and to understand the urgent need to change the way our food is grown.
We also provide scholarships to educational events through our Larry Butler Memorial Scholarship.
Currently scheduled programs are listed below.
Profiting From Pastured Animals
- January 28-29 Windy Meadows Farm, Campbell, TX.
- April 1-2 Donna’s Farm, Beaumont, TX
- May 20-21 Southern Sunny Acres, Winona, TX
- August 4-5 Mesquite Field Farm, Nixon, TX
- October 14-14 Hope for Small Farm Sustainability, Harlingen, TX
Profiting Through Conservation
- January 21st – Beekeeping for Beginners at Mesquite Field Farm in Nixon, TX
- February 18th – Partner/Resource Meeting at Growin’ On Faith Farm in Bremond, Texas (register)
- April 15th – Resource/Partner Meeting at Farmers Assisting Returning Military (F.A.R.M.) in Crowley, TX (register)
- March 10th – 11th- All About Water at Growin’ on Faith Farm in Bremond, Texas (register)
- March 11th – Resource/Partner meeting at Mesquite Field Farm in Nixon, Texas (register)
- March 11th – Urban Fruit Tree Orchard at Farmers Assisting Returning Military (F.A.R.M.) in Grandview, TX (register)
- April 1st – Developing a Conservation Plan at Growin’ on Faith Farm in Bremond, Texas (register)